Saturday, November 07, 2009

Week 1, Day 2

So, day two of workout 1. I have to say I wasn't too excited about today. I forgot to stretch after my run/walk on Tuesday, so I was feeling it today. But, grudgingly, I pulled out my shorts and laced up my running shoes and hit the door. It was a mellow mood all day and my play list showed it. I studied music for a time in college, and there I was introduced to Bach's cello concerto's. This was the perfect day. I started off with the one from the American Express commercial with all of appliances and what not that are pictured as having faces, etc. you know the one. And off I went. The first run had to be the hardest. I have a feeling this will be a trend. My ankle felt stiff and my calves were attempting to throw up their second stomach, but I pressed on. As I went and as Bach was interrupted by Sgt. Robot, I started playing a game. I looked for things I would have otherwise missed had I not taken this jog. 1. A purple El Camino. I always think of Brad Pitt in "The Mexican" "Ellll Cam-EE- noh" as he runs his finger along the side. So funny. 2. At least 20 bags of leaves stacked ever so neatly on the side of a driveway next to a leaf-less lawn. For someone to appreciate it in the same way you must suffer, as I do, from CDO (its like OCD, but alphabetized like it should be). 3. I saw a guy drying off his Tahoe with a leaf blower. It makes perfect sense! Why go through the trouble of wiping when all you need to do is blow?

Anyway, that's the game I played while I jogged/walked. It makes the time go by and eases the pain. Although, Day 2 didn't seem to cause that much pain...I think I may be getting ahead of myself.

0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home