Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Three days to go...

Here it is, Tuesday, almost Wednesday. Man this was a long day. This morning went like a normal morning. I took the youngest to school, came back to watch SportsCenter and drink a cup of coffee.

Then, 'bout 9:30, it all went haywire. A friend called and told me that he had a used tire that I could come by and have installed because I decided to run over a huge nail this weekend. And as I was at his dealership, I came across an Architectural Digest in which was an advertisement featuring a Patek Philippe watch. *sigh* I miss working at the jewelry store.

Anyway, I decided last night that I was going on a walk today. Boy, did I walk. I filled my water reservoir last night, another bottle and two Clif bars this morning. I have to say that my new backpack is really cool. I weighed just my body and it came in at a certain weight. Then, I put on my backpack and came in at 30 lbs. heavier. Now, if I may remind you that here, here and here I walked with 20 lbs. It really is amazing how much difference 10 lbs. makes. It's huge...

I trekked, again, down the Galloway Creek Trail. This time, I started at the cemetery and walked north to the school and back, again. Another 7 miles with 10 more lbs. on my back, did I mention that? I managed to do all 7 miles (with a potty break) in 2 hours and 5 minutes with 10 more lbs. on my back. It was heavy. The first mile or two was pretty rough, then I realized that I was going to be late picking up the boy from school, so I got a move on and managed to make it.

It was too crazy after that for any in depth, life-altering moments of inspiration, but I accomplished something closer to what I had intended. If you can walk 7 miles in just 2 hours with a small elevation change, then you can probably walk 7 miles with thousands of feet of elevation change in a day. I think I will gain the most in my attitude. I managed to push through the pain and physical hindrances to accomplish my goal. Now, with that same motivation and intentionality, I'll be able to push past the pain and accomplish whatever goal I have set for that day.

I'm getting so excited I can't stand it. I'm planning on journaling and taking lots of pictures. So, when I get back, I'll fill you in on all of the details and life-changing moments.

0 Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home